Below, you can see what was changed in each version of Remote Core .NET Viewer SDK.
This document does not list every small improvement, it includes only the most important changes. For more details, see the Documentation folder of the distribution package.
Mar 15, 2022 — .NET Viewer v2022.1.1
- Core component: .NET 5.0 and .NET 6.0 are supported.
- WPF & WinForms: .NET 5.0-windows and .NET 6.0-windows are supported.
- Add the WPF FileTransferControl to easily implement file transfer functionality into a WPF application. The control has a default style and may be overridden using WPF RemoteDesktopControl as well. See details in the Example solution (WPF Demo project).
- Add the File transfer capabilities to the WPF RemoteDesktopControl (Add the properties to get the low-level file transfer core component that may be used to set up file transfer functionality).
- IViewerCore.RegisteredExtensions property returns a list of registered extensions.
- Add ILogSource interface to logging Core extensions (File transfer in particular).
- For WPF RemoteDesktopControl template overriding: the named part PART_InputEventsListener of type UIElement is required in Connected state now. It goes in place of PART_RemoteDesktopImage, so the last one is not a necessary part of the template any more.
- IViewerCoreExtension interface gets a new member: CheckStatus method which is called when all capabilities from remote Host are received and you may check if needed ones are available if it is necessary.
- TargetFileExist Event in FileTransferCore marked as Obsolete with the compiler error generation. Use ResolveFilesConflict callback instead.
Nov 14, 2021 — .NET Viewer v2020.3.13
- Fix the logging issues.
- Fix a minor bug in the Demo in diagnostic mode.
Nov 12, 2021 — .NET Viewer v2020.3.12
- Fix exception on Core stopping for old framework versions.
Nov 5, 2021 — .NET Viewer v2020.3.11
- Fix incorrect resetting of the Zlib compression streams.
Aug 13, 2021 — .NET Viewer v2020.3.10
- Add the ability to turn on/off WPF hardware acceleration mode to avoid some CPUs-specific rendering artifacts and freezes in the WPF Application. The acceleration is disabled by default for Intel 11th generation CPUs (model 0x8c) because of some known issues.
- Add Numpad-enter key handling.
Apr 23, 2021 — .NET Viewer v2020.3.9
- Fix some security issues.
Apr 23, 2021 — .NET Viewer v2020.3.8
- Fix the automatic reconnection error when starting a connection.
- Fix WinForms stop command behavior while auto reconnecting.
- Fix WinForms “Disconnect” event behavior.
Apr 14, 2021 — .NET Viewer v2020.3.7
- Fix the automatic reconnection error.
Apr 13, 2021 — .NET Viewer v2020.3.6
- Fix ZRLE encoding exception.
- Fix some security issues.
Feb 5, 2021 — .NET Viewer v2020.3.4
- Network input optimized.
- Fixed deferred update requests error.
- Fixed apps closing exceptions.
Jan 28, 2021 — .NET Viewer v2020.3.3
- Improved WinForms example appearance.
- Fixed broken support of TightVNC Dispatcher (https://www.tightvnc.com/licensing-dispatcher.php) on UI components tier.
- Fixed the Hextile decoding performance issue.
- Fixed WPF Demo Maintain Connection Behavior.
- Fixed Greek keyboard issue.
Jan 26, 2021 — .NET Viewer v2020.3.2
- Fixed bug with Compression level.
- Fixed bug with multiple simultaneously running instances spontaneous disconnects.
Jan 22, 2021 — .NET Viewer v2020.3.1
- Optimized rendering approach.
- Reworked File transfer API + FT UI Demo application and Example project.
- System clipboard managing functions are implemented in UI controls.
- Enhanced Demo application.
- Suppress Default dialogs option.
- Predefined SDK Logger connectors for popular logging frameworks.
- Ability to change the Core on the fly on UI Controls.
- Automatic reconnection in WPF and WinForms controls.
- Connection Assertion (Healthcheck) functionality (only with TightVNC 2.8.59+).
- WPF: Ability to set controls custom connecting and offline stub templates.
- Fixed UTF8 Clipboard exchange (only with TightVNC 2.8.59+).
- Signature of Disconnected event is simplified (see details in “WhatsNew.txt”).
Dec 24, 2020 — .NET Viewer v2020.2.5
- Fixed some security issues.
Dec 22, 2020 — .NET Viewer v2020.2.4
- Fixed some security issues.
Dec 10, 2020 — .NET Viewer v2020.2.3
- Fixed UTF-8 CutText Protocol extension.
Nov 26, 2020 — .NET Viewer v2020.2.2
- Compatibility with the specific 3rd-party server added.
Oct 6, 2020 — .NET Viewer v2020.2.1
- Protocol extension which allows sending clipboard as a UTF8 string instead of Default encoded. The server (host) side must support this extension (TightVNC v2.8.50+).
- Ability to connect to server (host) with no rendering of framebuffer. It might be useful in the case of using File transfer functionality only or taking screenshots.
- Support of TightVNC Dispatcher (https://www.tightvnc.com/licensing-dispatcher.php).
- Now it is possible to use a predefined password for SDKs controls.
- Minimum version of .NET framework is 4.5 now.
- Fixed Force Full Update requests functionality.
- Fixed JpegQuality & Compression Level slider in WPF Demo application.
Jul 31, 2020 — .NET Viewer v2020.1.3
- Fixed the error that occurred with empty rectangles from 3rd party servers.
Jul 14, 2020 — .NET Viewer v2020.1.2
- Fixed the error that occurred when an empty cursor was obtained from the 3rd party server.
Jul 8, 2020 — .NET Viewer v2020.1.1
- Minor API changes.
- RemoteCoreSDK.Common, RemoteCore.Viewer. Common assemblies are merged into RemoteCore.Viewer.Core assembly.
- Core Component: .NET Standard 2.0 is supported. WPF & WinForms: .NET Core 3.1 is supported.
- WPF: Connect on Load functionality added to the Control.
- WPF: Predefined Password dependency property added to the Control.